This soap with Neroli and Shea Butter is amazing!
Neroli, or Bitter Orange Blossom, is one of our signature soaps and extremely popular.
Our Neroli bar, is part of the satin collection and contains organic essential oils, butters, and natural clays, inspired by nature.
What is Neroli?
Neroli is an exotic essential oil derived from the blossoms of the orange tree and is used often in skin products to moisturize and soothe mature skin. Both Neroli and Sweet Orange oils are believed to relieve tension, stress, and anxiety.
The fragrance of this exotic, uplifting soap is very floral, sweet, and citrusy.
The Bitter Orange is an evergreen tree and is grown extensively in parts of Europe and Africa. The branches have long, sharp spines and produce dark green leaves, highly fragrant small white blossoms, and small acidic fruits.
Neroli is well known for its luscious floral scent and its effectiveness in alleviating depression.
Bitter Orange is an evergreen tree and is grown extensively in parts of Europe and Africa. The branches have long, sharp spines and produce dark green leaves, highly fragrant small white blossoms, and small acidic fruits.
Botanical family: Rutaceae
History & Fun Facts
Neroli was named after the 17th centuary Italian Princess of Nerola, Anna Maria de la Tremoille, who often wore the oil on her gloves.
- Aside from its fragrant qualities, Neroli oil has antioxidant and anti-fungal properties. As a result, there are lots of benefits to using it, including these:
- Eases menopause symptoms – a study of post-menopausal women found that, when inhaled, neroli helped with several menopause-related feelings, including low libido and high stress levels.
- Helps with PMS – research has found that neroli oil can be effective at helping ease several Premenstrual Syndrome symptoms, such as poor mood and bloating.
- Alleviates stress – when inhaled, neroli oil is said to help reduce stress and anxiety due to its ability to encourage the brain to release serotonin and reduce cortisol levels. What’s more, these calming abilities are said to help people sleep better too.
- Soothes inflammation – due to its natural anti-inflammatory properties, neroli can reportedly works positively on reducing inflammation and irritation.
What is Neroli Essential Oil used for?
With all its benefits, using Bitter Orange Essential Oil in your skincare regimen can be greatly gratifying, whatever your skin type. Here are just a few of its rewards you can reap.
- Hydrate: Neroli Essential Oil is a hydration powerhouse, with an incredible ability to soften, replenish and lock in moisture. Applied topically, this Bitter Orange Oil will provide your skin with a protective barrier to ensure that your complexion remains radiant and dewy all day long.
- Revive: Bitter Orange Essential Oil’s powerful skin-reviving properties can help accelerate your complexion to the picture of radiant health, leaving you with skin that glows. Not only will Bitter Orange oil re-energize your skin, it will also target the epidermis for the appearance of skin rejuvenation.
- Rejuvenate your skin: When applied on the skin, Neroli Essential Oil intensely moisturises the skin and boosts the epidermis’ natural processes.
- Combat breakouts: Neroli Essential Oil comprises powerful antibacterial properties, which makes it a prime ingredient to target breakouts and balance the production of sebum. Rich in antioxidants, it combats free radicals, which can soothe breakout-induced inflammation and redness combats free radicals, which can soothe breakout-induced inflammation and redness.